Im feeling christmassy. Log fires, yummy food has put me in the hibernating mood and this is made all the more cosier with a lot of TV viewing – from box sets to movies. OK its a bit couch potato but when you have been rushing around all year like a blue arsed fly why not vegetate on the sofa for a few days (well fat chance with kids arond but once they have gone to bed….maybe?)
So we are disppearing to Wales, Snowdonia to be exact, for a dose of snowy hikes, good pub grub and cosy cottage living. I want to go armed with some good films and TV programmes to watch and it got me thinking about films that are a) good (regardless of genre) and b) deserve to have a part 2, 3, 4 etc. Okay some don’t. I think the Fast and Furious series is a bit like marmite – you either love it or hate it. I love it because I am a petrol head. It won’t win any oscars but that’s not what it’s about. The only thing that slightly annoyed me about F&F 5 was the attempt to copy Ocean’s 11 and 12 when all the previous characters across the series suddenly became ‘experts’ in their field and all convened to perform a heist – Han (who overcame death for the new plot line) performed the Brad Pitt role by constantly eating throughout the film (if you watch the Ocean’s films Brad is eating a lot – think it makes him appear nonchalant).
Anyway, here are some of the films I think haven’t been exhausted in terms of the number of sequels:
– Back to the Future 4 (why not?) has anyone noticed that we are getting closer to 2015 but a million miles away from flying cars, see through ties, self-drying clothes and scheduled weather? Not to mention hoverboards…..still waiting for those to be invented
– Ronin 2 – never tire of this film
– Miami Vice 2 – would have to have all the original cast though to be the same if not better
– Top Gun 2 (apparently it was on the cards until the director took his own life)
– Kick Ass 2 (I think this is in the making)
– Bridget Jones 3 (also in the pipeline)
– Human Traffic 2
– Trainspotting 2
– Easy Rider 2
– The Incredibles 2 – this is long overdue
I have run out of thinking juice but I’m sure many more could be added to this list. Not sure what’s on the horizon for 2013…….oh yeah…..another Fast & Furious film.
This blog is for Unicef. If you can help with my fundraising please visit Unicef online.
Thanks for reading.